JSC "Electrocable Works, Kolchugino" is located centrally of Russia in a little town of Kolchugino which carries about 50000 inhabitants and is some 100 km away from Moscow. The history of Electrocable dates back as far as the 19th century and is related with the name of Russian merchant and impresario Alexander G. Kolchugin a founder of the Partnership of brass and copper rolled product factories. The 6th May 1871 is considered to be the date of birth of Kolchugino factories. It was the time when Moscow first class merchant A.G. Kolchugin bought a plot of land with merchant P.P Solviev's paper factory on it paper factory from Mitkova proprietor of the village of Vasilevskoe.
In the spring 1939 it was decided to establish a self-contained cable factory on the basis of wire & cable manufacturing facility of non-ferrous processing works named after S. Ordzhonikidze (former Partnership). The cable making plant, red copper wire plant building, metal weaving plant and cast-iron foundry hived off from Kolchugino non-ferrous metal processing works named after S. Ordzhonikidze of the people's ministry of the USSR non-ferrous metal industry into Kolchugino-based "ELECTROCABLE" cable-making factory.
Riding Out the Storm...
The factory was literally pieced together. Part of machinery was received during the evacuation from Sevkabel factory, Leningrad (now St. Petersburg), some machines were sourced from the USA and some trophy equipment came from Austria and Germany. The technicians were coming back and the factory was being restored by and by. The prewar output in gross terms was so far regained in 1950.
Nowadays JSC "Electrocable Works, Kolchugino" is a successful and efficient versatile company, which is involved in the manufacture of a wide range of wires and cables of different types and wire nets. The Company's portfolio lists over 65000 type sizes of wires and cables. In 2011 JSC "Electrocable Works, Kolchugino" together with CSJC "Sibkabel" (Tomsk),CJSC "Uralkabel (Yekaterinburg) and JSC NIKI (Tomsk) were incorporated into Cable Alliance Holding Corporation.
Open-minded and Committed
The Company is open for cooperation and is busily improving its services and creating most comfortable conditions for customer servicing. The availability of internal storage facilities makes it possible to keep in stock most saleable manufactured items at all times. Innovative approaches to production, experienced technical personnel, use of high quality materials and a lot more ensure that the products that carry EWK logo offer a guaranteed high quality. The company's quality management system is certified to meet GOST R ISO 9001-2011/ ISO 9001:2008.
The Company's activities are far from limited only to industrial interests.
Drawing department 1 (it used to be called rolling and drawing department in 1939) is one of the Company's oldest and most important plants. It's the products of the drawing department that are used as feedstock for down-stream wire and cable manufacture. Nowadays it's a modern production facility featuring worker-friendly work stations and fitted with high performance machinery. The lines by world's leading manufacturers of machines for the cable industry have got a secure footing in this plant.
The manufacture of flexible sheathed cables dates back as far as yearly 30's. It was the time when a Rubber Laboratory was set up, rubber compound recipe development was launched and domestic synthetic rubber was implemented.
Nowadays the plant is fitted with high performance machinery by the leading European machine makers which allows single core wires and cables with cross-section range of 1х1 to 1х400 mm2 and multocore cables with cross-section range of 2х0.75 to 4х150 mm2 to be produced.
On December 28 2004 the State Commission accepted the XLPE insulated MV and HV cable plant. The construction of the building and office premises where some of the plant and factory services have been located was completed in record short time. The building is 180 meters long and 60 meters wide. The height is multilevel and ranges between 12 and 22 meters. The building area accounts for 10 880 m2. The construction and machinery for the new plant required a capital outlay of over 500 m roubles. The new plant was designed while taking in to account the requirements for the manufacture of these products and namely the plant is provided with a special polymer coated dust-free flooring and a clean material storage room and is fitted with conductor cleaning unit and a lot more to ensure that top quality products are manufactured... Catenary CV EPL-30 line by Maillefer Extrusion, Finland, extrusion lines by Troester, Germany, Maillefer Extrusion, Finland, and Rosendahl, Austria and machines and lines by Caballe, Spain are the state-of-the-art machinery by the world's leading makers the plant is fitted with. High performance machinery allows peroxide XLPE cables rated 6, 10, 20, 35 and 64/110 KV and silan XLPE cables rated 1KV to be produced. The plant was solemnly inaugurated on April 21 2005.
Since 2000 telecom plastic insulated cable plant 4 has been in operation with the factory. The new facility was set up on the basis of a wire-net weaving plant whose life had ended as a result of Russian military industry contraction at that time. The new plant was provided with a complete telecom cable production chain which starts with insulating conductors and ends with 100% testing of completed cable pairs using automatic control systems. With mild beginnings of 15 m rubles of monthly plan in 2001 the plant increased its output to reach the monthly output of 95 m rubles of worth. This was achieved thanks to having come to the plant's planned capacity and well coordinated professional performance of the operating personnel. All the machines are fitted with automatic production control units via which the process parameters are continuously monitored to ensure that they are maintained within the selected tolerances. The production facilities of the plant allow some 30000 kmpy (as applied for 50 pair cable) of various type telecom cables to be produced.
In January 2012 a fiber optic cable manufacturing section was inaugurated.
The manufacturing section's capacity is capable of processing up to 800000 km of optic fiber per year. All kinds of cables which are going to be produced will have up to 256 fibers for loose tube cables and up to 96 for tight buffer cables. Cable sheath can either be in PE or flame retardant materials. It's also possible to make dry cables using water barrier materials.
As far back as mid 1990's the plant produced all 29 nomenclature groups of products which the factory is making today. The plant has maintained the unique paper- and polystyrene insulated cable production processes. The production upgrade, new machinery implementation and innovative process introduction with the factory have started in plant 5. By and by various production facilities such as rubber compound & rubber insulated and sheathed cables, plastic insulated and sheathed telecom cables, power cables with conductor cross-sections of 120 mm2 and greater and flexible copper wires were transferred to the other new plants. This allowed for some free space to install new high performance machinery. Plant 5 may rightfully be called a personnel training school as technicians and expert workers went over to the other departments together with the manufacturing facilities. Nowadays plant 5 is a well-lit spacious building blessed with well arranged production chains, upgraded machinery and tight-knit personnel capable of meeting any production tasks.
Metal weaving production found its mild beginnings in 1922. Kolchugino non-ferrous metal processing works was given 13 metal weaving lathes by award of VSHN from the liquidated Moscow factory of Glavbumprom. The first workers came along with the machines.
Today it is a steadily operating factory unit that carries up-to-date machines, flexible manufacturing processes and qualified personnel allowing to produce a wide range of wire meshes to DIN, ISO, GOST and TU standards as well as drawing dies to be used in the manufacture of wires.
Once established the wire net production facilities called for large quantities of the finest tools, a diamond drawing die manufacturing facility being organized to this end in 1949.
The machines and diamond crystal facing to finished diamond drawing die polishing processes were sourced in Germany. Now the up-to-date laser equipment is applied in manufacturing the diamond drawing dies. COMPAX drawing die production has been mastered, the raw materials for artificial dies being certified and confirmed under ISO 9002; 1994.
|2008 © JSC “Electrocable Works, Kolchugino”
|About enterprise Certificates Contact|